Saturday, September 22, 2012

20th Annual Great Lake Tahoe Sternwheeler Race



The fairest sight the whole earth affords... Lake Tahoe.
I went out on the Tahoe Queen for the 20th Annual Great Lake Tahoe Sternwheeler races this last Labor day. thanks to a media ticket fromTony Lyle of Lake Tahoe Cruises. Captain Jerry Summers put on a great race against the MS Dixie II, and I captured it all in high definition... Check out my video of the event below:


"All passengers to the stern," the captain said
"We need more weight in the stern, they're gaining on us!"

Click here for a full gallery of all my pictures from the sternwheeler races.


There's a parasailer interfering in the race course
 And follow +Jack Durst on google+ if you wanna interact with me and see all my pictures and videos first.

Dixie got the trophy, Tahoe Queen got the Barton bedpan
 "cuz you'd have done better to stay in bed that day"